Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Eyelashes Galore!!!

Before
After
 Before

After
Of course, I forgot to take pics right before I got the false lashes applied, so I had to find some random pics that showed my before lashes. Anyways, I wanted a different look for Halloween so I decided to get some false individual lashes at the salon. Since I had such a difficult time trying to apply the strip laashes (found at your local beauty supply), I decided to go to Arch 23 to get some individual lashes applied.
MY EXPERIENCE:  This was my first time getting lashes, so I was really excited. The lady who did my lashes "the first time" was quite polite and friendly. The down fall came after she applied the lashes to my right eye. The lashes started agitating my eye really bad, so she had to reapply them. After that, everything was pretty good. After finishing both eyes, I looked up and I was amazed at how natural they looked. I think I even got more stares and compliments than usual lol. The lashes looked great with my Halloween costume which was thrilling. Problem!!!!!!    So I got them applied on Monday afternoon, and by Wednesday morning, I was already having issues. The individual lashes placed closest to the inner corner of my right eye was beginning to peel off and scratch my eye. I forked out 30 bucks to get my lashes done and they were supposed to last for at least 2 wks, so you can imagine how upset I was. Today I went back to have them fixed. There was a different woman in the salon who was initially reluctant in helping me. She called her supervisor and he told her to charge me 5 bucks to fix the issue. I, unfortunately agreed to pay, even though I felt like it was a rip off. I just wanted that small portion of my lashes fixed, but she informed me that she would have to take them all off and apply new lashes. (HUGE SIGH) ok. After she finished placing the lashes, she handed me a mirror to show me the difference between lashes that are properly placed and lashes that aren't. In all honesty, I don't think there was a difference, and therefore I didn't include another pic. The woman went on ranting and complaining that the first woman who applied my lashes wasn't trained in applying eyelashes. She kept talking about how the woman never listens to her and does what she wants to do and blah blah blah. That was so unprofessional, complaining about her coworker to a client......and as she kept consistently talking, I was getting sick to my stomach. Her breath smelled horrible....like some garbage and old mop water. UGH.   Anyways, after she applied the lashes, I started experiencing this sticky feeling on my eye. She informed me that the bonding glue that she used was not dry. I tipped her, even though I really didn't want to. I left the salon feeling worser than I did the first time. Now, 2 hours later, I still feel as though the lashes are sticky on my eyes and heavy. I don't think I will ever get this service done again, but if I do decide to get them, I will probably go when the first woman is there. I hate negativity and I don't like gossip. I don't think she would've charged me to fix them either. When the first woman applied them I didn't have any funny, sticky residue from the glue on my eye and I didn't have to wait such a long period for the glue from the lashes to dry...... 
 I like the lashes. They are cute and fun, but as a temporary, special occasion accessory, similar to acrylic nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment